Monday, February 20, 2012

Ring Around the Right Finger

What I wasn't sure would actually happen... But had always hoped for anyways.
As much as "love" has been trashed in my world, it is now a reality and a present tense existence in my life. A ring sits, encircles the ring finer of my left hand. A beautiful, square diamond, white gold ring says he wants to love me like this forever. It says he wants to talk about it, not walk away. Says I want to be beside you the whole way. We are in this crazy ride together. Simple thoughts. Simple words even. But there is nothing simple about the word "forever." Not when it comes to the shortness of its meaning in this life, or the fullness of its meaning...
At a UK v UL basketball game. In the nose bleeds. With 300+ true fans watching. He went on one knee. He said I love you. We cried and hugged... For what seemed like 10 minutes. This is real.
This was followed by a standing ovation from strangers- mostly UK fans :)
This was more than I could have asked for.
I'm not sure he even asked "Will you marry me?" .... The question wasn't needed- rhetoric. Just like the answer was known. Fervently nodding "yes" was less than necessary. But it felt good.
I more than love Jamere Duran Walker. I more than like him. I more than appreciate him & I more than cherish him. I more than admire and I more want him beside me now. I want him a part of me forever. I want to grow with him. Not separate, but together.

No comments:

Post a Comment