Saturday, March 3, 2012

Can I borrow your eyes?

After a long early morning/middle of the night convo with one of my best friends, my brother, a protector... One who has been there for it all.... A lot is on my mind.


I have started so many blogs in the last few months. So many positive ones. Wanting to write about being engaged. Having a ring around the right finger. About finally being loved the right way. About how my life is about to drastically change...
I now sit here... Lay here uncomfortably in my bed at 3:16am (Hmm interesting. Coincidence?...)


I am dwindling on thoughts of perspective. No matter how much we try. No matter how much I claim to constantly see from "the others" eyes... I am left reminded that as close to home as possible- literally in my home- I am failing to see outside my perspective. I am failing to be this "open minded" individual I claim to be. 


Brandon Heath says it, "Give me Your eyes for just one second. Give me Your eyes so I can see Everything that I've been missin. Give me Your love for humanity...."


Easier somehow when it applies to children in broken homes growing up in "the hood." 


But when it applies closer to home. I fail. In another pending "blog"... One in which I will likely never post, I am talking about "Letting it all go"... So, perhaps I should begin here.


You were there 
To see my eyes first
"Father hunger" 
Became father's thirst


Your instinct
Became your drive
Our hearts linked
The unspoken vow


Unintended
Became reality
Pretending
Not allowed to cope


Unprepared
Broken home again
Feeling scared
Crucified again


Rehashing
All those mistakes
Anger lashing
Spinning uncontrollably


Your daughter
How'd we get here?
Fought for her
But she's in the middle


Destruction
The fight whirled so fast
Corruption 
Now tears us apart


More trying
Seems to blame you more
Heart dying
Truth's fight getting lost


Our story
We know it well
The glory?
It comes here


I see me
Your eyes are clear
You I see
Through all the friction


Hearts intent
I should know it well
It became bent
Through life's walking hell


Hurtful tones
We know each other
Vision hones 
Into what we chose to see


Boundaries
Who knows what's right
Heart empties
It's overwhelming


For granted 
I haven't used your eyes
Implanted
Remained in mine


Know your love
I promise I feel it
Tried to shove
It's been so delicate


Here am I
Craving to visualize
Ready to comply
To what I know I see


Similar
Our eyes are so alike
Bitter for
What we can't control


You I know
More than I ever admit
Letting go
Of what we couldn't grasp


Goodbye past
Hello to what I know
Love so fast
Always ready and here


Never left
You have never let me go
Like a theft
We are trapped in our eyes


I know you
I know all the good
I know you
I know all your love

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog!! You're very talented! It's always good to find fellow poet and KY blogger on here :) Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you very much! Great getting compliments on "things" that seemingly come natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby i love you!!! After i read ur new blog today i was wow... so i read over sime of ur old ones n they are just incredible... u put so much heart n soul n em.. like u can feel the emotion in em. U inspired me too right my music lyrics on here n maybe a poem or two!!! Love u ttyl!!!

      Delete