Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Heart had Been Misplaced

Funny how when we begin a relationship we can be blinded... Seeing what we want to see, ignoring what we are aware of. As humans we deeply desire companionship and for someone to love us. Adoration from another somehow equates meaning of self at times, at least in the moment.

Written with "hope" June/2011:


My Heart had Been Misplaced
Odd to reminisce on pain
When my heart has been recovered
No room to be contained
Simply ready to be uncovered

But my heart had been misplaced
Unready to be retrieved
Yet the fears you have erased
Unadmitably I believe

Hope; I’m tired of suppressing
Never felt it quite like this
Not effects I’m used to confessing
Submission, hope insists

Failed attempts to repress,
More than emotions inside me
Impossible to feel less
Being vulnerable feels so free

The words don’t come easy
But feeling is easy with you
Because you have released me
Through everything you do

Too intense for words to explain
And a smile does not suffice
Those words I can’t find contradict pain
And for that there is no price

Effortless to see into you
Because everything’s so bright
Like something I already knew,
There’s nothing that could be more right

I come to you slightly damaged
Though not your job, you restore
I am difficult to manage
 But your eyes say I’ll hurt no more

When you look at me you see me
Not simply looking through
I was holding out the key
Perhaps I already knew

I grant you access to my heart
I feel like it’s just been found
Take it all, please leave behind no part
And the walls are falling down
So there you are with your new key
And my tears know this is real
Nothing to fake; content to just be
Finally have consent to feel

New lenses over my eyes
A new perception to perceive
Accept truth, contradict lies
Life’s at the right place to believe

No metaphor to apply
To explain the way you love me
No appropriate reply
To express what it is I see

Have I not known you my whole life?
Incessant smile all along
Swear I don’t believe I thought twice
No doubt you are where I belong

I could write to you forever
Infinite pages, infinite theme
Nothing on earth could be better
Keep waiting to awake from my dream
Mary Potts          6/2011




No comments:

Post a Comment